Below the inhibited board stares the irresponsible piano.
It often referred to a constant.C++ have several kinds of literals:
- Interger literal or Interger constant : C++ allows three types of integer constant
- Decimal (base 10) Integer Constant
- Octal (base 8) Integer Constant
- Hexadecimal (base 16) Integer Constant
- Floating literal or Floating constant : Floating constant are numbers have fractional part.
- Character literal or Character constant : when a single character is enclosed in single quotes, as in
Escape sequence character represented with a backslash(\). There are some escape sequence:
|Escape Sequence||Nongraphic Character|
|\a||Audible bell (alert)|
|\n||Newline or Linefeed|
|\On||Octal number (On represents the number in octal)|
- String literal or String constant : A String literal is a sequence of character surrounded by double quotes.
"arrow"size is 6 because string ends with a special character '\0' and it is treated a single character. Thus "arrow" will actually be represented as "abc\0" in the memory.
"\ab"size is 3 because '\a' is escape sequence,thus one character.